You are cordially invited to be personal guests of Count & Countess de Vanssay of France at their 15th century Chateau de La Barre in the Loire Valley
Enjoy the gracious hospitality of French aristocracy as personal guests of Count & Countess de Vanssay, 20th generation unbroken lineage residing in their luxurious ancestral home, Chateau de La Barre, their elegant family home since 1404.
Relax in the midst of a 100 acre private park, with fragrant gardens and XVIth century fortifications, and discover the many sights and activities available to a privileged few staying at this historic chateau, located less than 2 hours from Paris, at the entrance to the Loire Valley.
This once in a lifetime VIP Experience Includes:
- 3 Nights/4 days in Grand Salon Suite at Château de La Barre
- Private chauffeured car available 24/7 for all transfers
- VIP welcome by Count and Countess de Vanssay to Château de La Barre with afternoon tea and history tour
- Personally guided tours with the Countess to Chartres Cathedral Aristocratic “Douceur de Vivre” and lunch at St Hilaire winebar
- A Grand Siècle hosted dinner in their prestigious XVIIth century dining room
- Exclusive unique wine tasting in troglodyte cellar, shopping at boutiques of local artisans in picturesque neighboring towns. Explore the medieval Plantagenêt city of Le Mans, stage set to most historic films and visit to Knight Templar’s XIIth fortress
- A gourmet dinner in Auberge, a XIVth century house in Le Mans
- Renaissance lunch in Leonardo da Vinci’s former home: Chenonceau Castle, and a visit to a Xth century winery cave underneath Amboise Royal Palace
- A farewell lunch with the Count and Countess at Cheverny Castle the most exquisitely furnished and the largest of the valleys castles
When you visit the Loire Valley, it’s not hard to see why, once upon a time, French royalty decided to set up shop here instead of in Paris: the rolling countryside and fertile farmland — ideal for making cheeses, growing pears and harvesting grapes for Sancerre or Pouilly-Fumé, providing a perfect backdrop for castles, quaint villages and general pastoral bliss. It’s a fairy tale come to life. The place has succeeded so remarkably in keeping that majestic beauty alive that UNESCO declared the area a World Heritage site in 2000. Part of its ongoing magic is the region’s gentle pace of life, which is irresistible. Echelon looks forward to providing you a magical Aristocratic journey to make the most of this enchanted place.